As a yogi embracing the middle years there are many yoga trends I’m happy to let pass me by. Here are 7 of them…
- Any yoga class that has been heated to a temperature worthy of an industrial laundry. My own body creates that heat spontaneously so why would I consider turning up the temperature…..on purpose?
- Any yoga class that has the word ‘burn’, ‘boot’, ‘butt’ or ‘bust’ in the description. Need I say more?
- Any type of yoga clothing design that incorporates large cut out panels or swathes of mesh. Worse still, not enough fabric to make a handkerchief from.
Any yoga class that has the word ‘burn’, ‘boot’, ‘butt’ or ‘bust’ in the title. Need I say more?
- Any pose that involves contorting myself into the shape of a badly twisted pretzel. I know Madonna managed to get both feet around her neck and good on her, but me? With these hips?
- Any yoga cleansing programs that involve a diet of foods I can’t pronounce and the need to perform four hours of acrobatic poses every day. Just the thought of it makes me pine for a lie down…..when’s savasana?
- Achieving a one armed handstand in the middle of the room/beach/park/any other random open space. Didn’t happen for me at the peak of my yoga fitness so I’m happy to practice acceptance in the knowledge that it won’t happen now.
- The trend for posting multiple yoga pose photographs to social media on a daily basis. Can I go get a coffee instead?
How are these trends working out for you?